This policy explains how Xact Consultancy & Training Limited (Xact) manages personal data you provide to us on our website.
It demonstrates how Xact complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is regulated by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Xact is committed to protecting your privacy. Should we collect any information about you, it will be used in accordance with this policy.
This policy will be reviewed periodically.
2. What we collect
The information Xact may collect about you includes:
- Name, the organisation you work for and your job title
- Contact information including email address
- Services in which you are interested
- Information relevant to customer surveys
3. What we do with the information
Xact collects this information to understand your needs and provide the best possible service to customers for the following reasons:
- Internal record-keeping
- To personalise and improve our services
- Send promotional material about services we think you may find interesting
- Conduct market research surveys
- To customise our website and promotional material
Xact are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We are registered with the Information Commissioner for the types of information we hold and the purposes for which we process personal data. Xact’s registration number is: Z9001396.
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Personal data is stored on a computer located in the European Economic Area which can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
6. Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. If you use these links to leave our site we do not have any control over those websites. Xact cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide when visiting such sites which are not governed by this privacy statement.
7. Controlling your personal information
Any personal information provided to Xact will remain confidential and only be used for the purposes for which it has been disclosed.
Unless Xact has permission, we will not sell, distribute or lease personal and confidential information to third parties, unless we are required by law to do so.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
With regards to personal information we store about you, you have a right to:
- Receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and that we are lawfully processing this data
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no justification for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about the particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to them or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
You can submit a written request by letter (address below) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding what personal information is held about you, how it is processed and the circumstances in which it is disclosed.
This will normally be completed free of charge and within one month of the request.
Data Controller, Xact Consultancy and Training Limited, 3 Abbey Lane Court, Evesham, Worcestershire WR11 4BY.
For more information please also see our: Data Management Policy