Home and a spray

Do you want in on a growing industry? Get ahead with our renowned sprinkler training. We are taking bookings currently on our 3-day sprinkler installation to BS 9251 course on 19-21 June 2017 The course enables you to install, commission and maintain residential and domestic sprinkler systems. Cost: £695 +VAT Location: Yarnfield Park, Staffordshire Accommodation £47 +VAT on Sunday, £59 +VAT week days For more information and booking call 01386 277980 or see online To be suitable for this course delegates should have:…

Read more

Share via…


Smoking related fire deaths

Smoking related fire deaths double, warns Brigade on No Smoking Day Twenty-one Londoners died in fires relating to smoking last year, which is more than double the year before. The figures, released to coincide with national No Smoking Day, also show that around three fires a day are linked to smoking, with around two people a week being injured. Fire chiefs are asking people to quit smoking to avoid the risk of dying or being hurt in a fire. Dan Daly, the…

Read more

Share via…


Historic Building

A 19th century Grade II-listed church in Salford, Greater Manchester has been destroyed by fire. Six fire crews attended the blaze at the Church of the Ascension, which was built in 1869, shortly before midnight on Sunday. The fire destroyed the roof of the church before it was brought under control by firefighters in the early hours of Monday. Greater Manchester Police have confirmed they are now treating the fire as arson and have released CCTV footage of a suspect…

Read more

Share via…


Student Accommodation

Student accommodation provider given heavy fine and suspended prison sentence for multiple fire-safety breaches. A student accommodation provider has been handed a suspended prison sentence and almost £200,000 in fines and costs after multiple fire safety breaches. Accommodation in Nottingham city centre operated by Nottingham Student Lettings Ltd lacked adequate means of escape, fire detection equipment or emergency lighting, Nottingham Crown Court heard. The operator could not provide a suitable fire-risk assessment and hadn’t provided staff with fire safety training….

Read more

Share via…


Sprinkler saves shopping centre

Thousands of people were evacuated from Bristol’s biggest shopping centre during the busiest weekend of the year due to a blaze in a back store room of Cribbs Causeway on 18th December The fire broke out at around 1618hrs but the fire was extinguished by the store’s sprinklers before firefighters arrived. Thousands of shoppers making a last dash for their Christmas presents were then asked to leave immediately. Crews attended from Patchway and the cause of the blaze will now be…

Read more

Share via…


Nominated for Award

‘Excellence in Fire & Emergency Awards 2016’. Xact Consultancy and Training have been shortlisted and nominated of ‘Training Provider of the year’ Award! The winner is to be announced on the 2nd December at the award ceremony in Westminster.

Read more

Share via…


Sprinkler system saves Mill

Oxfordshire Fire & Rescue Service were called to a fire at Worsham Mill, Minster Lovell, at 0526 on Sunday 18 September 2016. Four fire engines from Burford, Witney and Oxford, attended the scene. Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and used high pressure hose reels to extinguish the fire and positive pressure fans to ventilate the smoke. The building was protected by a sprinkler system that activated and contained the fire until the arrival of the fire service….

Read more

Share via…


Homes evacuated after garage fire

Abertillery homes evacuated after MoT garage fire. About 25 homes have been evacuated as firefighters tackle a fire at an MoT garage in Blaenau Gwent. Crews were called to the single-storey building at Bournville Road, Blaina, Abertillery, at about 03.30 GMT. A 650ft (200m) cordon has been put in place and the road is shut. Residents have been told to leave their homes because there are gas cylinders inside. The fire service said most people had gone to relatives’ homes…

Read more

Share via…