HTM: Healthcare Premises
Fire safety officers, inspectors, fire engineers, building control officers, risk assessors, building managers, fire safety professionals, hospital fire safety managers and advisers.
To provide delegates with a knowledge of the Firecode series so they can apply them to design, management and use of healthcare premises.
Core topic areas
On course completion, delegates should have an understanding of:
- Health Technical Memorandums (HTMs) series
- HTM 05.01: Managing healthcare fire safety
- HTM 05.02: Functional provisions in healthcare
- HTM 05.03: Part A General Fire Safety
- HTM 05.03: Part D Commercial enterprises
- Lessons from previous hospital case studies
- Responding to a 3-storey hospital ward extension
- Assessing suitability of a Hospital Fire Policy
- Audit planning for healthcare premises
The course focuses on:
- Firecode Guides: Functional provision in healthcare
- Application of Firecode Guides to design, fire risk assessment and auditing of healthcare premises
- Areas include geriatric, secure mental health, infectious diseases, obstetrics and gynaecology. Day surgeries, clinics, pharmacy, outpatients, radiotherapy, operating theatres, administration blocks and shops.
NOS: National Occupational Standards
This course includes the assessment criteria for NOS:
For more details of: qualifications
Dates and prices
|2018||Mon 8th Oct → Thu 11th Oct|
|2019||Mon 18th Feb → Thu 21st Feb|
Mon 14th Oct → Thu 17th Oct
|Delegate cost||£620 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Assessment of course work is assessment criteria from National Occupational Standards.
This course is designed for professionals who are experienced in application of fire safety guidance such as Approved Document B and BS 9999.
There is a distance learning module for this course.
The sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint presentations, flipchart explanation, group discussion, individual tuition and practical plan-based exercises.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.