Fire Safety in blocks of flats
Design Engineers, Building Managers, Fire Safety Professionals, Building Control Officers, Fire Safety Officers and Fire Risk Assessors.
To provide delegates with an understanding of fire safety in blocks of flats.
Core topic areas
The course includes the following topic areas:
- BS 5839-6: Fire alarm systems
- Internal planning and means of escape from flats
- Smoke control systems to protect means of escape
- BRE Project Report 79204: Smoke Shafts
- Sprinklers and automatic suppression systems
- Construction FR, compartmentation, internal and external linings
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Access and facilities for fire-fighters
- Fire safety design for sheltered and extra care
- Atria in residential buildings
- Management of flats
- Approved Document B
- BS 9991: Fire safety in Residential Buildings
- Fire safety in purpose-built blocks of flats
Dates and prices
|Dates on request|
|Delegate cost||£780 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Assessment is conducted upon all coursework to National Occupational Standards.
Qualifications and NOS
This course includes the assessment criteria for FS2.3, FS3.2, FS7.3 and FS7.4 of Level 4 qualifications Certificate and Diploma in Fire Safety.
Delegates should have the ability to fire risk assess or audit buildings.
The sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint presentations, flipchart explanation, group discussion, individual tuition and plan based exercises to reinforce outcomes.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.