Fire Safety at Incidents
Fire safety specialists or site safety specialists who provide support at operational incidents.
To enable delegates to support the management of risks at incidents.
Core topic areas
- Roles and responsibilities
- Working with other enforcement agencies
- Requirements for supporting the management of risks
- Obtaining information to assist with risk management
- Advise on management of risks during and post incidents
Core reference documents
- Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004
- Regulatory Reform (Fire safety) Order 2005
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 1999
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995
- Environment Act 1995
- The Environmental and Safety Information Act 1988
- The Building Act 1984
- Control and Mitigation Measures – Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations
Assessment of course work is to NOS (National Occupational Standards).
Dates and prices
|Dates on request|
|Delegate cost||£280 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Qualification and Units
This course includes the assessment criteria for NOS:
This NOS is from qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors): details
Previous fire ground experience or equivalent.
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint, flipchart, interactive group discussion, individual tuition and practical exercises.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.