Canute FHC design software: Sprinkler and water mist systems
Existing suppression system designers.
Those seeking to enhance their skills using Canute FHC software from beginners to advanced level practitioners.
To apply Canute FHC software from data entry to more advanced concepts.
On completion, delegates should have an understanding of:
- Basic concepts of computerised hydraulic modelling
- Hydraulic formulas to calculate flow through heads and pressure loss in pipes
- Apply node references to a hydraulic model
- Entering relevant data into FHC
- Optimising hydraulic models
- Advanced FHC commands
Delegates also learn to:
- Undertake automatic sizing to pipework
- Enter water supplier data
- Make global changes to system
- Conduct copy commands
- Produce reports for checking and submitting to AHJ
Tailored to address relevant sprinkler and water mist standards and codes of practice, including BS 9251, BS EN 12845, NFPA 13, NFPA 750.
Continual Professional Development
All delegates receive CPD certificates on course completion. All courses are designed to approved centre standards which are, in turn, regulated by National Awarding Bodies and OFQUAL.
- 6 hours continual professional development
- Lunch and refreshments
- Canute FHC user manual and course work book
- Computers and Canute FHC software for use on course
Dates and prices
|2018||Thu 12th Jul|
Thu 18th Oct
|2019||Thu 24th Jan|
|Delegate cost||£250 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
This is a partnership arrangement between Canute and Xact to provide FHC software courses to customers
For more details about Canute and to purchase software
This course assumes that delegates are familiar with manual hydraulic calculations and principles of applying hydraulic calculations to fire system designs.
Delegates will be expected to have a sound understanding of design standard to which they intend to apply FHC and hydraulic calculations e.g. BS 9251, BS EN 12845, NFPA 13 or NFPA 750.
The sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint presentations, group discussion and individual tuition. An important part of the course is to give delegates the opportunity to practise their new skills.
Delegates will be provided with computers and software for the course.