Building Regulations and TG
Fire Safety Officers and Inspectors, Building Control Surveyors and Approved Inspectors.
To enable delegates to assess building design submissions and give advice.
Core topic areas
- Legislation, Consultation & Project Management
- Means of escape design in case of fire
- Internal fire spread and structural collapse
- External fire spread
- Access and facilities for the fire and rescue service
- Access and egress from buildings for disabled
Core reference documents
- Regulatory Reform (Fire safety) Order 2005
- Building Regulations & Fire Safety Procedural Guidance
- Approved Document B Volume II
- Approved Document M
- BR 187, BS 5839, BS5266
- BS 9999 – disability, access & facilities sections
Assessment of course work is to NOS.
Qualification and NOS
This course includes the assessment criteria for NOS:
This NOS is from qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors): details
For more details see: qualifications
Dates and prices
|2018||Mon 18th Jun → Thu 28th Jun|
Mon 8th Oct → Thu 18th Oct
|2019||Mon 25th Feb → Thu 7th Mar|
Mon 24th Jun → Thu 4th Jul
|Delegate cost||£1,300 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Delegates must have completed: Principles of fire safety course
Course includes pre-course distance learning modules on principles: The Building Act, Building Regulations and Statutory Consultation.
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint, flipchart, interactive group discussion, individual tuition and practical exercises.
The course includes an disability audit of a premises.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.