Auditing Simple Buildings
Fire risk assessors, fire safety officers and auditors.
To enable delegates to:
- Confirm measures are in place to protect people from fire
- Visit simple premises for purpose of fire safety regulation
Core course topics
- Identifying occupancy and risk
- Principles of horizontal and vertical means of escape
- Means of escape in:
- Offices and shops
- Factories and warehouses
- Residential care premises
- Fire risk assessment and audit planning
- Fire risk assessment or audit of a simple premises
Core reference documents
- CLG: Fire Safety Risk Assessment Guides
- Approved Document B
- CFOA Fire Safety Guidance Notes and Audit Form
- BIS: Regulators’ Code, CFOA: Enforcers’ Guidance
Assessment of course work to National Occupational Standards (NOS).
Qualification and NOS
This course includes assessment criteria for NOS:
These NOS are from qualification Level 3 Certificate in Fire Safety (Fire Auditors): details
For more details see: qualifications
Dates and prices
|2018||Mon 19th Mar → Fri 23rd Mar|
Mon 9th Jul → Fri 13th Jul
Mon 5th Nov → Fri 9th Nov
|2019||Mon 11th Mar → Fri 15th Mar|
Mon 17th Jun → Fri 21st Jun
Mon 4th Nov → Fri 8th Nov
|Delegate cost||£790 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Delegates must have completed: Principles of fire safety course
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint, flipchart, interactive group discussion, individual tuition, film and practical exercises.
Course includes an audit of simple premises.
Delegates must complete workbooks within four weeks of course completion.
Course includes a post-course workplace fire risk assessment or audit.