Auditing Complex Premises
Fire risk assessors, fire safety officers and auditors.
To enable delegates to:
- Confirm measures are in place to protect people from fire
- Visit complex premises for purpose of fire safety regulation
Core topic areas
- Risk profiling of occupancy
- Compartmentation and ventilation
- Horizontal and vertical means of escape
- Means of escape in:
- Offices and shops
- Factories and warehouses
- Residential care premises
- Shopping complexes
- External fire spread
- Access and facilities for the fire service
- Fire risk assessment and audit planning
- Fire risk assessment and auditing complex premises
Core reference documents
- CLG: Fire Safety Risk Assessment Guides
- Approved Document B
- BS 9999: Fire Safety in Design, Management and use of Buildings
- CFOA Fire Safety Guidance Notes and Audit Form
- Regulators’ Code, CFOA Fire Safety Guidance
Assessment of course work is to NOS.
Qualification and NOS
This course includes the assessment criteria for NOS:
These NOS are from qualifications:
- Level 4 Certificate in Fire Safety (Fire Auditors): details
- Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors): details
For more details see: qualifications
Dates and prices
|2018||Mon 19th Mar → Fri 23rd Mar|
Mon 2nd Jul → Fri 6th Jul
Mon 29th Oct → Fri 2nd Nov
|2019||Mon 11th Mar → Thu 21st Dec|
Mon 17th Jun → Fri 21st Jun
Mon 4th Nov → Fri 8th Nov
|Delegate cost||£790 + VAT|
|Location||Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire|
Delegates must have completed:
- Principles of fire safety: course and
- Principles of means of escape: Distance learning or
- Auditing simple premises: course
Course include pre-course distance learning module on principles of means of escape.
Sessions will be delivered using PowerPoint, flipchart, interactive group discussion, individual tuition, film and practical exercises.
The course includes a fire risk assessment or audit of a building.
Delegates must complete workbooks within one month of course completion.
Course includes a post-course workplace fire risk assessment or audit.